Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Morning Coffee Blues

When I was running a business I used to tell clients that our homes are a reflection of what is happening to us internally...it is an outward display of how we are feeling and what we are thinking - this morning as I came down the stairs and looked at my home, the one I didn't tend to last night, the one I've been neglecting slightly and I asked myself what does my home say about me? What word, if any sums up, how I am feeling and or what I am thinking?

Confused. Perhaps confused would be a good word, I have three rooms in various stages of painting, homeschooling supplies (books, musical intraments, notepads, highlighters, pens...etc.) half hazardly strewn and piled about and supplies purchased on yesterday's errands still waiting to be put away...how hard would it have been to put them away? How hard would it have been to straighten up after yesterday's studies? Why didn't I just do it then?

I've always loved walking into a fresh clean kitchen in the morning to make my coffee...but this morning I was greeted with a sink full of dirty pots and pans, crumbing counters, and groceries that weren't put away. What is wrong with me?

Directionless...is that a better word?

Unmotivated...

mmm...unmotivated...

Yep, that's it, that is what my home says about me...I am unmotivated. What reason did I have to finish putting away my supplies and groceries yesterday? What reason did I have to put away the school supplies? I used to be motivated to do a lot of things...I used to exercise, I used to work, I used to have book club meetings, success team meetings, parties...I used to...

So, now the question for me...what can I do to get motivated?

No comments: