Friday, December 03, 2010

Blogging Time

Blue Hour - Spectacular - I figured out that I should try blogging immediately after admiring the wonder of rising sun.

Today's Happiness Quota: High – I have a busy day. I get to see a couple of wonderful friends. I’ve had a great productive week. And, I am getting my hair done today – yep it’s going to be a good day

Today's Happiness Quote: by Robert Anthony - Most people would rather be certain they're miserable, than risk being happy

Today's thoughts and how they relate to my life as a writer: I am feeling hopeful about the novel. The first draft is coming together nicely. The characters, which have been developing in the deep recesses of my consciousness for over a month now (some for much longer than that) are beginning to enter the stage. I wonder how much of the 15000 words I have completed so far will remain in the second, third, or fourth draft. But, wait, now is not the time to figure that out. I know that. I accept that. I accept that the most important thing I can do is get the first draft done so I can print it out and get to the second draft. Then I will repeat the process and get to the third draft and so on and so on until I can finally say, I’ve reached the final draft. I will never have a final draft if I never have a first “ugly” draft. So I will find some time today in the midst of running from one meeting to another to type away!

No comments: