Saturday, December 04, 2010

A Little Bummed

Blue Hour: – missed it – slept in ignored the alarm clock and the three phone calls, didn’t realize how tired I was until I crawled out of bed after 9am – almost 10am.

Today's Happiness Quota: on a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being the highest I’m about a 7. I never feel great after sleeping in only after going to bed early and waking up early. I am also a little down because I missed my writing target yesterday. However, because I exceeded the goal the two days before I only need to write an extra 1600 words and I’ll be on track again so there is hope.

Today's Happiness Quote: by Buddha - All that we are is the result of what we have thought. If a man speaks or acts with an evil thought, pain follows him. If a man speaks or acts with a pure thought, happiness follows him, like a shadow that never leaves him.

Today's thoughts and how they relate to my life as a writer:
Yesterday I blogged for the first time in a long time, then I ran around from one appointment after the other and did a couple of hours of research (not for the book for work) and bam – I missed my writing quota. I am bummed. But, there are plenty of days left in the month, as long as I over exceed my goal today and (if not by a full 1600 words today then) tomorrow too, I could be on track by Monday….maybe I should wait to blog until after I complete my writing goal, I am after all using my writing energies for this endeavor too.

No comments: